Friday, May 1, 2009


"If I put my own happiness before the well-being of the work entrusted to me; if, though I have this ministry and have received much mercy, I faint, then I know nothing of Calvary love." p29

"If I cannot rest under the Unexplained, forgetting the word, "And blessed is he whosoever shall not be offended in Me"; or if I can allow the least shadow of a misunderstanding, then I know nothing of Calvary love." p33

"If I am inconsiderate about the comfort of others, or their feelings, or even of their little weaknesses; if I am careless about their little hurts and miss opportunities to smooth their way; if I make the sweet running of household wheels more difficult to accomplish, then I know nothing of Calvary love." p40

"If I slip into a place that can be filled by Christ alone, making myself the first necessity to a soul instead of leading it to fasten upon Him, then I know nothing of Calvary love." p47

"If I wonder why something trying is allowed, and press for prayer that it be removed; if I cannot be trusted with any disappointment, and cannot go in peace under any mystery, then I know nothing of Calvary love." p49

"If I ask to be delivered from trial rather than for deliverance out of it, to the praise of His glory; if I forget that the way of the cross leads to the cross and not to a bank of flowers; if I regulate my life on these lines, or even unconsciously my thinking, so that I am surprised when the way is rough and think it strange, though the word is 'Think it not strange,' 'Count it all as joy,' then I know nothing of Calvary love." p52

"If my attitude be one of fear, not faith... if I forget the poignant word 'Let love be without dissimulation'... then I know nothing of Calvary love.

Perfect love drives out fear.

"I would have despaired unless I believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" - Psalm 27:13

The aspect of God that most Christians struggle with is not His omnipotence or omniscience, but it is His omnibenevolence... Is God truly Good?

是的。

1 comment: