Sunday, May 17, 2009

A momentary pause

In the midst of a day/weekend of studying...

To look upon God's mercy. How can it be? That you my Savior would die for me? For me and my grossnesses. And these stains set so deeply within me, that I can only rightfully expect to be burned along with them and the chains that have sunken in my heart... Nothing can pull apart these cords of death and free me from my tangled snares except His blood. And isn't it so ironic, that blood, which stains heavily and irreversibly, is the only thing that can wash these other stains away? And isn't it strange that this plan set forth so so so long ago, was that the King should die for the salvation of His subjects, who continuously turn away and join His enemy's plans to destroy Him? That we who choose to betray Him are drawn ever closer to His heart... That He appointed these to be by Him forevermore?

It's not just ironic and strange. It's entirely unfair - a total turning of justice, a preposterous mystery that defies what we know to be natural and logical. Sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment