Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What can wash away my sin?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus - He has washed away all my stains, and replaced my soiled, hopeless life with his own, perfect and gracious.

Haha - it's funny, the things revealed during even mundane tasks like laundry...

Oh, the impossibility of removing deeply set stains... no matter how much you soap, bleach, scrub, or point radioactive waves at it, it will not go away! Not that I tried all the above... I was actually frustrated to the point of tears (granted, I think I'm pretty emotional today to begin with) and the only viable options I saw were to
1. throw it away and get a new one!
2. cut out the stained area and replace it with something else
because honestly, these had been there for a reaaally long time and they were NOT going to be washed out today.

Anyway, as I was scrubbing [angrily and really confusedly, b/c why the hey am I getting so upset over stained clothing???] in the washroom, it suddenly Dawned on me in a voice loud and clear, yet so soft and gentle, even though I had not listened in so long,

"What can wash away your stains?"

And the response - "Nothing! Nothing, but the blood of Jesus."

The impossibility of removing deeply set stains... stains that had been there since birth and well before, that had been ignored and added upon, glanced over and soaked in hot water - stains that will never come out, no matter how hard I soap, bleach, scrub, or radioactivate... an impossibility that is only overcome by Him who gives me strength...

And so, the tears came falling, no longer tears of frustration, but tears of gratitude beyond what words could describe...


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths. Prov 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Nothing but the blood of Jesus! Well said :D and beautifully written ah

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww :D that's so true!
    yay for revelations in little things in life x] <3

    ReplyDelete