Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My feet smell. Sad face.

One thing I remember - Yao's feet never smell! At least not yet. I was utterly shocked. Maybe she's that girl who doesn't ever fart, burp, poop, or insert-any-unsightly/smelly-bodily-function. So they DO exist...

An introduction to my thoughts right now - I'm going backwards in a stream, against an ever-flowing current, which doesn't pause for breathing breaks or let down for the weak to progress even a tiny bit. Sooner or later, this stream will lead to the river, where any hesitation on my part will bring me back so much more - good thing I'm not the one swimming. On my own at least...

What brings comfort? Sometimes a hot bowl of soup is comfort, or a cool breeze, warm sunshine - maybe it's white rice with peas and eggs and shrimp on a cold night, or the smell of Malaysian soy sauce, or fuzzy slippers and smiles of good friends. 

Ultimately we can't depend on these for comfort - even on the warmest, more sincere, most loving of friends and family... True, they may bring deep comfort, but ultimately, that is all drawn from the source of comfort that is God. Holy Spirit, Comforter... 

Let your strength be from Him and Him only... your security be founded on Him and Him only. Your love be first and foremost to Him, your passions and desires all for His loves too... Ahhh Lord knows how hard it is. Literally. But He's there through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment